This policy covers the following:
- Information Collected
- Public Disclosure
- Information Disclosure
- External Linking Policy and Disclaimer
- Contact Us /Choice to Opt Out
As part of standard Internet practice, The Hexagon Project’s website may collect the following information when you visit our website: (a) your domain name; for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private internet access account, or “yourschool.edu”, if you are connecting from a university domain; (b) your IP address, a number automatically assigned to your computer when you are using the Internet; (c) type of browser and operating system used to access our website; (d) the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site; (e) the pages you visit within the HP website; and (f) the links made to other websites through this site. Information may be collected in these ways: through your IP address; though cookies; thorough online forms; through any correspondence you send to us via postal mail or email.
Our policy is to use any and all data collected by any means, whether through the Internet, email, our online database and/or any interactive forms or surveys only for such uses that are important to our organization and our cause, in light of the professional standards required and expected from nonprofit organizations.
Disclosures to Third Parties
The Hexagon Project makes member contact information available through the Member Directory to other members registered on the website. It does not make member contact information available to any other third parties. None of the information we collect is shared with any third-parties except: (a) As aggregated statistics for organizational performance reporting purposes, capturing and defining web traffic patterns, and website improvement. Information of this kind is never used to track or monitor individual users. As HP believes necessary to Protect the rights, property, or safety of HP, our users, or others.
Occasionally, HP may ask you to participate in online surveys in the interest of gauging the value and quality of its programs and services in order to advance our mission and achieve our strategic goals. Such surveys are always on a volunteer basis, and participation is voluntary. Should you decide to complete a survey, the types of information collected may include demographics such as zip codes, age group, services received or provided, etc. None of this information will be collected on any one individual or that can be used to identify any one particular individual. Survey information is used in the aggregate to improve organization programs and services.
Information provided on the HP website is intended to allow for access to relevant public information for users. While all attempts are made to provide accurate, current, and reliable information we recognize the possibility of human and/or mechanical error. Therefore, The Hexagon Project, its director, officers, employees, contractors and/or agents expressly disclaim any warranty of the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of any information published by HP and shall not be held liable for any losses caused by reliance upon the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of such information. Any person who relies upon such information obtained from this system does so at his or her own risk.
External Linking Policy and Disclaimer
The information posted on the HP website may include hypertext links to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations (external websites). We provide these links for your information and convenience. These links may be created by HP if it determines that these external websites and pages meet the mission of the organization and its specified informational purposes. When you select a link to an external website, you are leaving the HP website and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the external website. The HP does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on an external website. The inclusion of these links are not intended as an endorsement of any product or service offered or referenced on the linked website, the organization’s sponsoring said website, or any views that might be expressed or referenced in the website. The HP cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in external websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the external website. The HP is not responsible for transmissions users receive from outside websites. The HP cannot guarantee that outside websites comply with accessibility requirements.
Disclaimer Notice for The Hexagon Project (ICH) Website
Use of this website constitutes an Agreement with the following Terms and Conditions:
- The Hexagon Project (henceforth referred to as the ICH) maintains this website as a benefit to its members and as a courtesy to those who may choose to access the website (henceforth referred to as “the user” or “users”).
- The information provided on this website is for educational and information purposes only. Any references to commercial products or trade names are made with the understanding that no discrimination is intended, nor is there an endorsement by ICH of any products or companies involved.
- ANY MATERIAL OR INFORMATION CONTENT PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON INFRINGEMENT. The HP specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such materials. The HP may periodically add, change, improve, or update materials on the site without notice.
- This website contains links and references to third-party websites. The linked sites are not under the control of HP and HP is not responsible for the contents of any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. HP provides these links only as a convenience and service to the users of this website, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement, sponsorship, or approval of the linked website by HP.
- The use of this website is at user’s sole risk. The The Hexagon Project and its director, officers, employees and members, contractors, content providers or its affiliates shall not be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages, whether under any contract, negligence, strict liability, or other theory arising out of or in connection with: (a) your access to, or use of, the site; (b) any products, services, information, activities, and/or materials available on or through the website; (c) any breaches of security involving the website or your account, or any lack of availability or operational problem of, the website; or (d) any viruses or other code that may affect your computer equipment or other property as a result of your use of the website. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages. In such jurisdictions, our liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law. If the user is dissatisfied with any information provided on the website or with any of its terms and conditions of use of the website, user’s sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the website.
- The user agrees not to do the following:
(A) interfere (or attempt to interfere) with the operation of the website. This includes, without limitation, (i) interfering with, defeating, or circumventing any security function of the website, or attempting to do so, or (ii) accessing, or attempting to access, any portion of the website that the user is not authorized to access. Unauthorized access (or attempts) may subject the user to civil and/or criminal penalties.
(B) Post, store, or transmit any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, inflammatory, pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by HP) information or material.
(C) Post, store, or transmit any information or material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
(D) Post, store, or transmit any advertising, promotion, or solicitation of goods or services for commercial purposes except in any areas of the website specifically designated for such purpose (and subject to applicable website rules).
(E) Use the website to post, store, or transmit any information or software that contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse, spyware, or other harmful or disruptive component.
(F) Use the website to post, store, or transmit materials in violation of another party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights. You are solely responsible for determining whether any material you post, store, or transmit is subject to a third party’s rights.
(G) Use the website for any unlawful purposes.
(H) Modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, resell, retransmit, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the website.
- The user agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless The Hexagon Project (ICH) and its affiliates and all of their directors, officers, members, employees, agents, contractors, representatives, content providers, predecessors, successors, and assigns, from and against any and all claims, proceedings, damages, injuries, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and litigation expenses), relating to or arising from the user’s use of the website, any breach by the user of this Agreement, or any other matter for which the user is responsible hereunder or under law.
- Failure to insist on strict performance of any of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement will not operate as a waiver of any subsequent default or failure of performance. No waiver by HP of any right under these Terms and Conditions will be deemed to be either a waiver of any other right or provision or a waiver of that same right or provision at any other time.
- This site is controlled and operated by HP from its office and contracted to a third party for maintenance. HP makes no representation that materials on the website are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where any of the contents of this site are illegal is prohibited. If the user chooses to access this website from other locations, the user does so on the user’s own volition and is responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
- No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between the user and The Hexagon Project as a result of this Agreement or the user’s utilization of this website.
Contact Us /Choice to Opt Out