Welcome to the Forms and Resources page. You will find all necessary documents for participation here plus resources for deepening and enriching your experience.
- Call for Entries
- Hexagon Template
- Release Form
- Regional Entry Template
- People’s Project/Community Event Template
- Interdependence Themes Handout
- Brainstorming Sheet
- 2022 Project Intro & Special Themes
Kindness Theme Resources
- Here is what Beth had to say about the theme of Kindness at the 2021 Recognition Event.
- Based at the University of California in Berkeley, the Greater Good Science Center studies the psychology, sociology, and neuroscience of well-being and teaches skills that foster a thriving, resilient, and compassionate society.
- The Pennsylvania Humanities Council (PHC) partnered with Philadelphia poet laureate Trapeta B. Mayson on a mission to help spread kindness. Through the PA Kindness Poem Project, residents were invited to share messages on social media that promote healing, generosity, reconciliation and peace. Here is an amazing crowd-sourced poem that came out of the PHC’s project. Hopefully the words will inspire visuals in your mind that you will want to use to create your Kindness Hexagons this year. Or perhaps you and your students will be inspired to write your own poem or essay from which students can picture visuals for the Kindness Hexagons they will create.
- The Kindness Cloud is working to spark a Global Kindness Movement.
- Here you can download a Kindness Project Pack to use at your school.
- As we work toward a kinder and more peaceful world, this site from Curriculum of Hope, which is a Standing Committee of Connecticut State Organization, DKG [Delta Kappa Gamma Society International], offers some great ideas. This organization’s newsletter offers some wonderful ideas related to kindness as well.
- Your students can experiment with Gelli Plates when creating their Kindness Hexagons. The following links lead to resources that explain the transfer process for Gelatin Printing, each focusing on slightly different ways of doing it using different materials. Read hear about laser image transfer prints. Check out Gelli Arts plus paint pens. Learn tips and tricks about Gelli Print Image Transfer in this video. And lastly, check out this video showing Gelli Plate Picture Transfers.
- If you would like your students to learn and discuss ways to be kind online and help stop cyberbullying, visit an educator and presenter at Lesson Alive who offers a program aimed at students in grades 6-12 entitled Practicing Kindness online.
Lesson Plans to Incorporate Kindness
Here is a wonderful lesson plan to incorporate the Kindness theme into Art. This focuses on Drawing crossed with Language Arts for Middle School Students. See full lesson plan here.
Diversity/Equity Theme Resources
- Making Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Real in Art Education Practices, Patty Bode, October 3rd, 2018.
- NAEA Resources for Remote Learning at All Levels – Downloadable PDF’s: and Valuable Links. Includes Diversity Resources
- Resources for Making Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Real, Patty Bode, 2018
- A Collection of Diversity Resources
- Olivia Robinson Investigates Root Causes of Racial Inequity by Diane Kuthy
- Anti-Racism Resources – a starting point for people and parents (and students and teachers)
- Antiracism Resources for White-led Organizations – tips on group & coalition-building
- After the Pandemic, a Revolution in Education and Work Awaits by Thomas Friedman , NY Times
- NAEA Resources Guide
Technology, Social Justice and the Arts Resources
- Artist Paints World’s Largest Canvas to Raise $30 Million for Children in Need
- Illustrator Uses Art to Give a Voice to the Black Lives Matter Movement
- Street Artist Paints Giant Murals with Schoolchildren in Iraq and the U.S.
- Jenny Holzer Projects Poignant Words About Gun Violence at Rockefeller Center
- Artists Rebuild Refugees’ Emotional Memories of “Home” Inside Suitcases
- After the Pandemic, a Revolution in Education and Work Awaits
- Dear Facebook, This is How You’re Breaking Democracy
- These Stunning Human Sculptures Disappear When You Look at Them from Certain Angles
- A Declaration of Interdependence
- Core Beliefs of the Hexagon Project
- Interdependence Handbook
- An Interdependence Bibliography
- National Visual Arts Standards
- A Social Justice Toolkit (B. Tinney)
- What is Social Justice Art Education
- 2019 Theme – Transforming Conflict Introduction
- 2019 Theme – Transforming Conflict Workbook
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- The Arts and Re-Envisioning COVID-Era Schools, using the arts to re-imagine education as distinct from schooling by Judith M. Burton
- Free Kids Educational Resources: Video Lessons, Apps, Books, Websites & More
- NAEA Resources for Remote Learning at All Levels
Lesson Plans & Unit Outlines
- Remote Teaching: Elementary Google Lesson by Christine Sacco
- Remote Teaching: Grades 3 – 6, Shelley Menhennet, Art Teacher, Australia
- Elementary & Middle School Hexagon Units
- Expand Your World Hexagon Project
- Hexagonal Book Design Unit
- Middle School Hexagon Project: Building Cooperation
- Shelter Curriculum Guide
- South Middle School Hexagon Unit Guide
- STEAM Iron Oxide Hexagon Unit Plan
- Water to Ocean Unit & Lesson Plans